500 SCFM Electric Remedi-Cat
1,000 SCFM Remedi-Cat with Knock-Out Pot
1,000 SCFM Remedi-Cat with Air to Liquid Heat Exchanger
Remedi-Cat Catalytic Oxidizer
The Global Technologies' Remedi-CatTM is a catalytic oxidizer specifically designed to destroy organic vapors from contaminated groundwater and soil. Our treatment devices are used at remediation sites for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) that are removed via Soil Vapor Extraction (SVE), Air Stripping, Dual Phase Extraction or Groundwater Pumps.
How the Remedi-Cat Works
During operation, emission-laden stream is drawn into the oxidizer utilizing a system fan where the air is automatically diluted to an appropriate concentration. Contaminants then pass through a primary heat exchanger, where they are preheated to reduce supplemental fuel requirements of the burner. Within the reactor section of the Remedi-Cat, emission temperature is raised to appropriate oxidizing requirement before passing though a catalyst module.
As the vapor-laden air passes through the catalyst, an exothermic reaction takes place. The hot, purified air then passes through the hot side of the heat exchanger where the energy released by the reaction is used to preheat untreated, incoming air.
The vapor-free air is exhausted to atmosphere primarily as water vapor and some carbon dioxide, providing greater than 99% destruction efficiency of organic vapor contaminants.
Standard systems range from 100-2,500 SCFM in capacity
- Safely operates on contaminants up to 25% Lower Explosive Limits (LEL)
- Reactor has a fully-welded, leak-tested, stainless steel interior with high density insulation and painted weatherproof enclosure for outdoor installation
- Multiple pass, stainless-steel, shell and tube type heat exchanger
- Flame arrestor
- Gas trains are designed to meet FM Global or any international certifications such as CSA, TSSA, CGA and ATEX
- FM approved modulating burner can operate on either natural gas or propane
- Low NOX burner designed to maintain temperature during full flow, no process conditions
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls with digital data recorder, remote telemetry and touch screen display for simple operator use
The Remedi-Cat Advantage:
- Completely shop assembled, pre-wired and tested prior to shipment
- Reactor construction assures safe, long term operation
- Hinged access doors for ease of maintenance
- Compact, lightweight module design for ease of shipment
- Competitive capital equipment cost
- Small equipment footprint
- Customized catalyst provides long life and destruction reliability
- Integrated vapor extraction blower packages
- Alternate fuel/power supplies, including electrically heated units
- Specialty catalyst options for various contaminants
- Trailer mounted
- UL labeled panel
- Custom oxidizer design options available
- Explosion proof design
- Used and rental equipment availability
Global's Cost Effective Design
The Remedi-Cat is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products. Anguil's experience includes over 35 years of Regenerative, Recuperative, Catalytic and Direct-Fired oxidizer manufacturing, ranging in size from 100 to 500,000 SCFM (150-800,000 Nm3/hr). These oxidizers are used in conjunction with Rotary Concentrator Systems, Scrubbers, Soil Remediation Equipment and Ceramic Filter Systems for industrial processes. Each product line represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for seamless integration into the process, optimal performance and trouble-free operation.
The Anguil philosophy is to provide innovative pollution control technology including engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation, startup and post-sale service. Other benefits to working with Anguil:
- 24 Hour customer service and support
- Multiple technology offerings ensure unbiased recommendations
- Complete aftermarket sales department
- Regulatory compliance is guaranteed
Have an application?
Submit your remediation data for pricing and availability of the Remedi-Cat.