Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer (DFTO)
Independent process and combustion air blowers ensure a safe, long-term operation with proper oxygen content.
Reactor has ceramic lining, high density insulation and painted steel weatherproof enclosure that allow for the processing of highly concentrated organic / chlorinated streams.
300 SCFM Direct-Fired Thermal Oxidizer (DFTO)
500 SCFM Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer (DFTO)
500 SCFM Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer on Tank Venting
Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer with Scrubber on Inert Airstream
4,000 SCFM Direct-Fired Thermal Oxidizer with Pre-Filtration
25,000 SCFM DFTO with Primary Heat Recovery
35,000 SCFM Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer (DFTO)
The Anguil Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer (DFTO) destroys Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs) and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) that are discharged from industrial or chemical process exhausts. The DFTO achieves destruction of pollutants by the process of combustion. VOCs and HAPs are oxidized to carbon dioxide and water vapor with the proper combination of temperature, residence time and turbulence within the combustion chamber.
The DFTO is an ideal abatement technology for process streams heavily laden with pollutants and intermittent batch processes where the oxidizer can come on-line relatively quickly.
How the Direct Fired Thermal Oxidizer Works
Sometimes referred to as an Afterburner, Enclosed Flare or Vapor Combustor the direct fired thermal oxidizer uses a specially designed burner to raise the temperature of a pollutant laden air stream to a predetermined combustion temperature. In operation, the contaminated process exhaust is ducted into a burner chamber. Heat applied by the burner oxidizes the VOCs and HAPs creating harmless products of combustion (water and carbon dioxide). The clean, heated exhaust gas can then be discharged to the atmosphere or sent through an optional heat recovery system.
The Anguil DFTO can achieve over 99% hydrocarbon destruction rate efficiency. To achieve this the heated air is kept in the combustion chamber for a specified amount of time, called the residence or dwell time. At the inlet to the combustion chamber turbulence is generated to mix the pollutants and oxygen molecules. Proper mixing of the combustion air and process streams not only provides high destruction efficiencies but also safe operation. The Anguil design minimizes the risk of explosion and takes complete advantage of the VOC laden exhaust stream to minimize auxiliary fuel needs. An optional burner system is available to burn inert process streams directly in the burner as fuel.
From a small tank vent to the largest of ethanol plant applications, each Anguil DFTO is designed around our customer's application. Special designs can be provided to handle process streams that contain acids such as carbonic, hydrochloric or sulfuric acid.
- Reactor has ceramic lining, high density insulation and painted steel weatherproof enclosure that allow for the processing of highly concentrated organic / chlorinated streams
- Independent process and combustion air blowers ensure a safe, long-term operation with proper oxygen content
- A modulating burner and digital controller maintain proper air temperature
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls with digital data recorder and remote telemetry
- Properly sized reactor chamber provides high destruction efficiencies of up to 99+%
- Gas trains are designed to meet FM Global or any international certifications such as CSA, TSSA, EN, CGA and ATEX
- Secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions including waste heat boilers and steam generators
- Alloy construction for corrosive acid gas environments
- Low NOx Burners and Selective Catalytic Reduction systems
- High Temperature Acid Gas Scrubbers
- Complete "turnkey" packages
The Anguil DFTO Advantage:
- Modular design for system flexibility and future expansion
- Pre-assembly and factory testing reduces installation costs
- Multiple safety shutdowns ensure safe operation
- Regulatory Compliance Guaranteed
Anguil's Cost Effective Design
The DFTO is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products. Anguil's abatement experience includes over 35 years of Regenerative, Recuperative, Catalytic and Direct-Fired oxidizer manufacturing, ranging in size from 100 to 500,000 SCFM (150-800,000 Nm3/hr). These vapor combustion technologies are used in conjunction with Rotary Concentrator Systems, Scrubbers, Soil Remediation Equipment and Ceramic Filter Systems for industrial processes. Each product line represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for seamless integration into the process, optimal performance and trouble-free operation.
Operating Cost Reduction Strategies:
- Primary or secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions
- Oxidizer Service and Preventive Maintenance Evaluations (PME)
The Anguil philosophy is to provide innovative air pollution control technologies including engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation, startup and post-sale service. Other benefits to working with Anguil:
- 24 Hour customer service and support
- Multiple technology offerings ensure unbiased recommendations
- Complete aftermarket sales department
- Over 35 years of oxidizer manufacturing experience
8855 North 55th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53223
United States of America