Project Engineer I
This position is primarily responsible for the components selection, problem solving, and delivering engineering solutions for various types of air and water pollution control equipment. The project engineer must demonstrate the ability to assist the project manager as an individual and/or a team player by performing the following duties:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical and engineering resources to assist project managers.
- Review proposals and customer specifications.
- Create Process and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) drawings.
- Generate engineering documents to support overall project needs.
- Calculate the energy and total pressure requirements to ensure adequate capacity of systems.
- Submit component specifications to vendors or fabricators for quotation.
- Evaluate quotations and work with supplier sourcing to negotiate with vendors and fabricators to provide the products that meet all the specifications within the budget.
- Specify the Bill of Materials (BOM), enter it into our ERP, and submit for approval.
- Apply SolidWorks and AutoCAD tools, reducing time and maximizing design accuracy.
- Review technical drawings against BOM and identify inconsistencies among designs prior to submission to the fabricator.
- Inspect equipment to meet technical specifications and monitored project deadline.
Requires a BS degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering:
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solid Works
- Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong planning and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven stability of performance under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Experience with capital equipment, parts and service a plus
Employment Type: Full Time, 1st Shift, 40 hours per week
Base Pay: Depending upon experience
Benefits: Company Health, Dental and Vision benefits, 401K, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off
Experience: Strong computer skills including AutoCAD, MS Office and Solid Works
Required Travel: No
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not right for you? back to job listings