Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer (Catox)
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs): automate operation startup to shutdown, minimizing operator interface requirements. Remote telemetry enables the system's operation to be viewed and altered via modem, reducing maintenance costs and downtime. Control rooms and various enclosure options available.
Reactor has a fully-welded, leak-tested, 304L or 316L stainless steel interior with high density insulation and painted weatherproof enclosure.
Low NOX, modulating burner designed to maintain temperature during full flow, no VOC process conditions.
4,000 SCFM Electric Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer
7,000 SCFM Catalytic Oxidizer on Bakery Odors & Emissions
12,000 SCFM Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer
20,000 SCFM Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer
120,000 SCFM Catalytic Oxidizer
The Anguil Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer destroys Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and odorous emissions that are often discharged from industrial processes. The air pollution control device achieves emission destruction at significantly lower temperatures than thermal oxidation through the use of catalyst, converting pollutants to carbon dioxide, water vapor and heat.
How the Catox Works
VOC and HAP laden process gas is either pushed or pulled into a metal heat exchanger inside the oxidizer via a system fan. The contaminated airstream is progressively heated while traveling through the heat exchanger towards the combustion chamber. At the burner, the process gas is raised to the catalyst operating temperature. As the heated gas passes through the catalyst, an exothermic (heat releasing) reaction takes place. The pollutants are converted to carbon dioxide, water vapor and heat.
Once oxidized across the catalyst, the hot, purified air passes through the opposite side of the heat exchanger and releases thermal energy to preheat the incoming air. The heat exchanger reduces the auxiliary fuel requirement, thus saving operating cost, allowing self-sustaining operation with no auxiliary fuel usage at Lower Explosive Limits (LEL) levels of 8-12%. Finally, the cooler, purified air is exhausted to the atmosphere through the system stack.
- Completely shop assembled, pre-wired and tested prior to shipment
- Reactor has a fully-welded, leak-tested, 304L or 316L stainless steel interior with high density insulation and painted weatherproof enclosure
- A multiple pass, stainless-steel, shell and tube or plate-type primary heat exchanger
- FM approved modulating burner can operate on either natural gas or propane
- Low NOX burner designed to maintain temperature during full flow, no VOC process conditions
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based controls with digital data recorder and remote telemetry
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) allows for high volumetric turn-down during idle or low process conditions
- Hinged access doors for ease of maintenance
- Gas trains are designed to meet FM Global or any international certifications such as CSA, TSSA, CGA, EN and ATEX
- Complete "turnkey" packages
- Forced or induced draft fan arrangements
- Alternate fuel/power supplies, including electrically heated unit
- Multiple catalyst options including Pelletized, Monolith, Precious & Base Metals
- Skid or remote mounted panels available for system controls
- Custom oxidizer design options available
- Acid gas scrubber module with a completely integrated control system
- Secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions
The Anguil Catox Advantage:
- Regulatory compliance guaranteed
- Reactor construction assures safe, long term operation
- Fuel flexibility
- Customized catalyst provides long life and destruction reliability
- Competitive capital equipment cost
- Rapid installation time on most systems
- Small equipment footprint
Anguil's Cost Effective Design
The Catalytic Recuperative Oxidizer is designed as part of Anguil's broad line of technologically advanced, yet user-friendly, air pollution control products. Anguil's experience includes over 35 years of Regenerative, Recuperative, Catalytic and Direct-Fired oxidizer manufacturing, ranging in size from 100 to 500,000 SCFM (150-800,000 Nm3/hr). These vapor combustion technologies are used in conjunction with Emission Concentrator Systems, Scrubbers, Soil Remediation Equipment and Ceramic Filter Systems for industrial processes. Each abatement technology represents value-engineered systems with emphasis on cost minimization. All systems are designed for seamless integration into the process, optimal performance and trouble-free operation.
Operating Cost Reduction Strategies:
- Primary or secondary heat and Energy Recovery Solutions
- Recirculation Systems
- Oxidizer Service and Preventive Maintenance Evaluations (PME)
The Anguil philosophy is to provide innovative air pollution control technologies including engineering, equipment manufacturing, installation, startup and post-sale service. Other benefits to working with Anguil:
- 24 Hour customer service and support
- Multiple technology offerings ensure unbiased recommendations
- Complete aftermarket sales department
- Over 35 years of oxidizer manufacturing experience
8855 North 55th Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53223
United States of America